Thursday 18 April 2013

A new arrival in Stanpit........


While walking in the marshes two days ago, I spotted a heavily pregnant chestnut mare by the water's edge. Seeing her made me smile, she reminded me so much of how I felt when I was close to my due date for my two 'babies'  - fat, tired and fed up!  I pulled out my iphone to take a snap but, at the click of the shutter, another pony, a black male, which was standing on the beach behind us, pricked up his ears, and immediately trotted over to stand protectively by her side.
 It was a touching moment that stuck with me for the rest of the day, so when I came across them again yesterday, I was so happy to see that the pair were now accompanied by a tiny, wobbly, new born!  They were too far from me to capture them on the rubbish iphone, but this morning I woke up thinking about them and, as soon as I could, I grabbed my camera and long lens and went over the road to find them.
So, here he/she is, freshly hatched, and constantly chasing its weary mother for milk. All together now....aahhhh!


2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this lovely post from Timphu in Bhutan and missing Stanpit in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, happy to bring a bit of Stanpit to far corners of the globe!

    ReplyDelete